Thingmagic USB UHF RFID Reader is a low cost platform for developing and deploying interactive read&write applications.
Driven by ThingMagic’s Mercury 5e-Compact UHF RFID reader module, the USB Plus+ is controlled and powered by a host PC or laptop through a USB interface and is compatible with ThingMagic’s application development tools, permitting rapid creation of RFID solutions.
With a software adjustable read distance up to 3 ft (0.91 m), the USB Plus+ supports a variety of applications, including RFID tag commissioning, manufacturing WIP, document tracking, library book check in/out, retail point of sale, event and hospitality services, hospital patient workflows, and more.
- Air Interface ProtocolEPCglobal UHF Class 1 Gen 2 / ISO 18000-6C
- AntennasInternal ceramic antenna with an average gain of -2.6 dBi from 860 to 960 MHz
- Transmit powerSeparate read and write levels (into the antenna) are command-adjustable from 10 dBm to 23 dBm (200mW), +/-1.0 dBm accuracy
- Development kitUSB-5EC-DEVKIT (included)
- Tag Read Rateup to 190 tags/sec
- Tag Read DistanceUp to 31 cm depending on tag sensitivity
- Environmental SealingIP52
- Dimensions (L x W x H)97 mm x 61 mm x 25 mm
- Operating Temperature-20 C to +60 C
- Power Sources5 VDC (Powered by USB interface) Supplied interface cable terminates in two type-A plugs: one for power and signal, the second for additional power if needed
- Idle Power Consumption1.7 W max at idle(Power management modes can be used to reduce this to as little as 0.1 W)
The high-performance internal antenna of the USB Plus+ is also ideal for commissioning high memory tags and reading small form factor RFID tags more effectively.